Saturday, November 19, 2005

Spoiled rotten

While I was driving to work today I thought of my son in Montreal. I pulled out my cell phone and called him. When I got his voice mail, I said, "Listen to this," and put the phone out the window for a moment. "That's the sound of me driving your car with the sunroof wide open. It's 80 degrees out here." Rumor is it's snowing in Montreal. He hasn't returned my call.
I ran 11 miles today, mostly because I took a couple of wrong turns and got a little adventerous, exploring some new trails. I also became a little dehydrated because I didn't pack any water (I was originally just going for six). As I thought about stopping to walk I realized how lucky I was to live in a place I can run year-round, and run on a warm day in November. As a California boy who lives on the NorCal coast, I can't imagine running in snow or in dry sahara heat. I must be soft. So I just kept running.
Oh, and as a tribute to the Shirtless Gang of Del Monte Forest (you know who you are, you of flat stomachs, no hair on your back and a college education ahead of you), I too took off my shirt. Don't worry, it was on a secluded trail during school hours. I wouldn't subject young children to such a sight. I did come across a young lady running the opposite way. To her, I apologize, I swear that spare tire around my waist is only temporary (at least that's what I've been telling my wife the past 15 years or so).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home