Monday, April 09, 2007

Lost Dog

Last week while running along Skyline Drive I encountered a large but apparently friendly dog who appeared to be lost. He followed me for quite some time, and I was hoping he would continue to do so until we got to my house where I then might have enticed him into the back yard where he could be contained until his owners could be located. But I'm not comfortable with large dogs (even nice ones) and was afraid to stop him to look at his tags. Before we got to my house, he veered off onto the woods. I was glad that at least temporarily, he wasn't weaving around the busy road anymore. As soon as I got home I called Animal Control and they promised to see if they could find him. From now on I'm taking their number with me when I run. I know what a big difference a few minutes could make in saving a dog's life, and I just hope this one was happily reunited with his humans.

(Posted on behalf of Ann G. Jacobson.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home