Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sometimes it just sucks

I have accepted that I'm going to have bad days ... at work ... at home ... and when I'm running. There are days when I make bad choices (taking a nap or watching TV, instead of doing that pile of stuff called my life). There are days when those choices are made for me (deadlines). And there are days when I just feel, well, crappy. I started my day with a nap that put me behind, then tackling some work related stuff that needed to get done (which took, of course, longer than expected), then looked up at the clock and realized I'd run out of time to do a nice long run. I also realized that if I didn't get moving I'd run out of time to do any run and would feel lousy the rest of the day because of it. So I changed quickly and hit the road, or rather, I felt like it hit me. My achilles was stiff, which caused me to run with a limp, and made me feel very awkward ("Igor!" "I'm coming master.") I could feel those areas where i've been chafing lately. And I just felt an overwhelming sense of fatigue and uselessness. As I ran up hills, I felt like a staggered boxer just waiting for that knockout punch. A lot of times during a run I'll feel that way, but then recover. This time I didn't. I knew it was bad when I was hurting on the last mile of this seven miler and it was down hill. What a downer of a blog. I promise to do better next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Sorry about your day. I'm sure everyone here has had them. I'm convinced that 90% of my running problems are mental. Whenever I have a bad run, it's usually preceded by a bad day. Take care and I'm sure it will get better.

February 02, 2006 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home