Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back in the saddle

It's been about six days since I've run, and that was a pidley little 3 1/2 miler I snuck in before the family and I headed out for some holiday quality time. As the New Year wound down it became more difficult to find the motivation to get out and run, even though I didn't have work to contend with. There seemed to always be things to do, or plans to be made, or sleep to be had. In the end, I just gave up and decided to take the rest of the vacation off from running (didn't hurt that it was pouring rain for a few of those days). I guess part of the measure of me as a runner will be how I snap out of this. But with the return of the routine of the kids in school, my wife and I back to work, I don't anticipate any problems with resuming my training ... I just hope these aren't famous last words.

I'm visualizing about six or seven miles Tuesday, flat along the coast (if it's not storming). Wish me luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home