Thursday, January 12, 2006

A swift kick

And then there are times training for this Big Sur Marathon where I feel the best movtivation for me might just be a swift kick in the rear. I dilly dallyed around today, taking a nap that ran an hour longer than planned, which cut into my running time. Then all of TWO MILES into an easy six miler I began having thoughts of dropping down to a walk. That was TWO MILES in, on a slight down hill grade. I began thinking about my last blog, about the triumph of reason over testostorine and I realized there are times when I need to use my machesmo (of which, I'm in short supply) to push myself out of my comfort zone. I didn't go looking for a chinstrap to slap against my helmet, but I did pick up the pace. Coincidentally, the words of the song playing on my IPod seemed very appropriate, "sometimes you have to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight."

The plan is to head to the gym tommorrow to lift big, heavy weights and whip that elipitical machine into submission. I'll also check to see if I've grown any chest hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home