Monday, April 30, 2007

The Day After

I enjoyed a restful day off from running today. Not that I could have run even if I wanted to - I'm too stiff and sore, though fortunately I AM able to walk! I'm not sure whether it's better to jump right back into it tomorrow, or to take a few more days to recover. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I appreciated the Herald's extensive coverage of the event and the prompt posting of results by the Big Sur International Marathon folks. One thing I noticed from the Herald photos - an advantage of doing the 21-miler is that it was a lot less crowded. Herald photos of the full marathon showed huge crowds where I had the thrill of being just one of a handful of people at points such as Bixby Bridge and Hurricane Point. I'm sure that made for a very different experience.

It was fun to trade stories today with the many others at Naval Postgraduate School who participated in the Marathon or other events. It humbled me to talk to one faculty member who ran the full marathon yesterday - he wondered whether the 50-miler he had competed in earlier this month might have slowed him down a bit! A good reminder that it's all relative...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Ann, former Mile at a Time here. I did the 10.6 mile walk. I think I saw you go by (what were you wearing?),you looked strong and well in control, you're ready for that marathon. - dave

May 01, 2007 11:55 AM  
Blogger Ann Jacobson said...

Thanks Dave, I was probably wearing a blue shirt with black sleeves by that point. I enjoyed dramatically abandoning my sweatshirt along the way. I did feel strong, and am busy planning what marathon to do as a practice run before Paris next year.

May 01, 2007 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home