Saturday, April 28, 2007

Race Day Minus One!

Although my original plan was to go to the Expo today (Saturday), yesterday afternoon I just couldn't wait so I hustled over there in the afternoon to pick up my race materials and scope out the exhibits. Today after a VERY SHORT run I intend to go hear some of the speakers, particularly Jeff Galloway and Dean Karnazos, since I've read some of their books. I spent the evening going through my race materials packet, particularly the brochure explaining the history and specific details of the event. This morning there were two BSIM-related articles/columns in the Herald's Sports section. All of this has helped to make me feel excited about, prepared and well-informed for tomorrow.

I've spent a fair amount of time the past few days wondering whether I should have signed up for the Marathon instead of the 21-miler. So many people have asked my why I am "only" doing the 21-miler - both experienced marathoners and non-runners. So while many who are signed up for the Marathon for the first time may be wondering "can I do it and have I bitten off more than I can chew?" I find that in these final days my question to myself is, "have I been too unambitious?" I have to keep reminding myself that this was part of my logical, systematic plan to build up to doing the Paris Marathon this time next year, that at my age it is better to increase gradually if I want to avoid injury, and that my time will come soon enough.

I wonder how I'll do on Hurricane Point and on the long hills through the Highlands? Tomorrow I'll find out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll do great at Hurricane Point! Good luck tomorrow!

April 28, 2007 4:30 PM  
Blogger Ann Jacobson said...

Thanks! It did go well, and I'm looking forward to creating a post about it momentarily.

April 29, 2007 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home