Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Hate that guy

Gotta say I'm getting kinda of irritated with that guy in red with the horns, pointed tail and pitch fork. He's been working me pretty hard. The alarm goes off in the morning and he's there, "Go back to sleep dave," he whispers, "there will be plenty of time to run. You deserve your rest." Of course, he's the same guy who told me the night before, "You don't need that much sleep, besides, you're resting here in front of the tv. Go ahead, channel surf for a few hours, no telling what you might find on the cable stations at the end of the dial."

He's the guy who told me this morning, "have that double latte, you need the energy, it will help you with your running." And then a little later, "Oh skip your run, that latte is burning your stomach, it will just make you more miserable."

And as I forced my way out the door for a run, he called to me, "You know it's a drudge, don't leave, it's a waste of time. A nap, a nap would be so much better." And as I tripped over a tree root and tumbled to the ground I could hear him say, "You see, it just wasn't meant to be. Come home, you'll get over it."

Thank you God, for the nice soft place to land. And for helping me get up and start running again. I know I feel better when I turn off the tv and go to bed, then get up and go for a run. Thanks for helping me remember that.

7 miles on wounded knee trail Tuesday, slow, but I got it done. enjoyed some of it. Coming off two days off. Friday I had a "comfort" 7 mile run along the coast, Saturday morning I spent two hours at the gym, lifting and doing some speed stuff on treadmill. I was sore, but felt great (oxymoron?).

In a few days, my son comes home from college for winter break. I'm really looking forward to it, I haven't seen him in about five months. I promise not to bore him with running stories (When he was home this summer, I drove him along the route of the Big Sur Marathon, giving him a mile-by-mile narration of my experience. His snoring may have drown out some of the best parts).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home