Monday, December 19, 2005

Weighing in

I've been staying away from the scale, that nagging voice of discouragement and cruelity. I'm coming off a big eating (and no running)weekend. That happens this time of year, Christmas parties, the boy home from college and our wedding anniversary. So much rich food, so much to celebrate. But today I was back on the streets, pounding out six miles. And yes, I felt like the Michelin man wadling down the road, unable to get out of the way of my own rolls of fat (yuk). I followed that with some time in the gym lifting heavy weights (made me feel manly). Tommorrow back again. It helps that my kids want to go to the gym as well, although we have different goals - my son, college football player, wants to get bigger and stronger; my daughter, cross-country runner and lacrosse player wants to get faster and stronger; I just want to conquer Hurricane Point and those darn pesky hills through the Carmel Highlands. No doubt we'll have a big lunch after our workout. I'll worry about the scale next year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go get 'em, Dave!
It's comforting to hear what you're going through -- again -- because I'll be going through it again come February.

One question: Why even think about that horrid scale this time of year?!? I say, aren't the holidays depressing enough?

Enjoying reading your progress (can't imagine how great you must feel),

Vic Manley

December 21, 2005 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home