Wednesday, April 05, 2006

resigned to running in the rain

I'm pretty sure it not going to stop raining here . . . ever. With that in mind, I guess I better just get used to it, there's a good chance it will rain on our Big Sur Marathon parade. But that's OK. After my melancholy blog about motivation and getting out the door on a rainy day, I actually had a real good 13 miler. Yep, it rained pretty hard on me in some places, the rain went horizontal in others (hitting me smack in the face), there were times when the wind seemed to make me run in place, but I survived. So, let it rain on April 30, I'll deal with it.

I usually walk the dog about dusk every night. There's a spot on our walk where there's a nice view of down the coast, Carmel beach, point lobos, and sometimes, beyond. I sometimes think I can almost see Hurricane point from there. Tonight we had a rare (for California) thunder storm. I looked down the coast and saw lightening hitting, just about where I think Hurricane Point is. A few seconds later I could hear (and feel) the thunder. I felt like Frodo Baggins, looking at the tower of the all-seeing eye, feeling fearful, but also purposeful. . . . Oh, for gosh sakes Dave, it's just a run.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,

I just wanted you to know that I have enjoyed reading your blog in prep for Big Sur. I also have been in training for the big day...now only 14 days away...yesterday was my final run over 20 miles before tapering to race day. I hope your race day experience is rewarding. You have put in the effort and training now it's time to enjoy the run.

http://tazzscarunning.blogspot.com/

April 16, 2006 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home