Monday, May 14, 2007

Photos of the Past and a Plan for the Future

Today my Marathon Foto CD arrived. It was a bit pricey, but since I don't have any other pictures of myself or the event I decided to spring for it. I like them because I really do look like I was enjoying the experience. It makes me happy to see that. I've posted them on the web at least temporarily.

Within a day or two after the 21 Miler, I came to the realization that I really want to do a marathon soon, while I'm so close to being ready, rather than waiting 9-12 months as I had originally planned. Not only do I feel physically ready to continue training towards that goal, but also, I felt an unexpected emptiness without a new goal to anticipate and work towards. So I've signed up for the San Francisco Marathon at the end of July, and I'm really excited about it. Probably not the easiest one for a first-timer, but I figure after Hurricane Point and the other challenges of the Big Sur 21-miler, I'm probably as ready as I'll ever be.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Ann.

Found your blog from completerunning.com.

Good luck for San Francisco Marathon. I'm running first half there. And my full marathon will be at Silicon Valley.

cheers,
R

May 19, 2007 1:10 PM  
Blogger IronWaddler said...

Good luck on the continued training. Sounds like you are on your way.

May 27, 2007 5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home